Certified Election Results
A. Voter Eligibility.
Government Ordinances 0306200801 and 0306200802 enact and enforce voting and nomination eligibility of all
enrolled members who descend from the historic Acjachemen Nation.
B. Nominations. A person may be nominated for only one position.
1. Nominations will be held only on October 20, 2012, at the regular General Council meeting.
2. Nominators and nominees must descend from the historic Acjachemen Nation.
3. The nominee must inform the Election Committee by October 20, 2012 that he/she accepts the nomination for a
specific office by :
(a) being present during the nominations and accepts verbally, (b) mailing a signed letter of
acceptance to the Election Committee, Juaneño Band of Mission Indians, P.O. Box 416, San Juan Capistrano, CA
92693), postmarked no later than October 12, 2012 or (c) having a designated person present to the Election
Committee Chairman a sealed letter of acceptance date no later than October 20, 2012.
4. All Nominees must request a “Nominee Biographical Form” from the Election Committee Chairman.
5. Any member serving on the election committee after 5:00 P.M., August 20, 2012 will be deemed ineligible for
nominations for the 2013 election.
C. Absentee Ballots.
1. Requests for absentee ballots must be submitted to the: Election Committee, Juaneño Band of Mission Indians,
P.O.Box 416, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92693. ( Request/return period: postmarked beginning on October 26,
2012 and closing on December 3, 2012).
2. Absentee ballots must be returned to the Election Committee, postmarked no later than December 14, 2012.
Address: Please use the address found on the “Absentee Ballot” and the return envelope.
3. Multiple requests for absentee ballots, proxies, powers of attorney, and requests by telephone will not be
accepted. Reminder: each absentee voter must request his/her own ballot.
D. Polling Place and Time.
1. Polling Place: Tribal Office, 31411 La Matanza St., Suite-A, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675. See map on
mailing portion of the newsletter for visual location.
2. Time: The polling place will be opened from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., January 19, 2013. Normal tribal business
will be dispensed on election day.
3. Count and verification: ballots will be counted by the Election Committee. A non-tribal member will witness the
counting of the ballots.
4. The General Council will meet at the next scheduled meeting to inaugurate the new officers.
1. Elections will be held from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m., on January 19, 2013.
2. Each member of the Juaneño Band is responsible for taking appropriate action to verify certification for voting
eligibility. The window for voter verification is from August 18, 2012 to to September 29, 2012.
3. Are you eligible to vote? If there is doubt or you need help, call the Tribal Office immediately at (949) 488-
3484 between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.